Thursday 04 May 2023
No fluff, just facts. Take a look at these impressive statistics about Manchester.
Manchester Property Price's (Sales & Rental)
- 14.7% increase in house prices in 2022 (HM Land Registry)
- 19.3% predicted increase in house prices across the 2023-27 period (JLL’s Residential Forecast)
- 22% growth in achieved rents for new developments in the city centre in 2022 (JLL Cities Index)
- 21.6% predicted rental growth in the 2023-27 period – over 5% higher than the national average (JLL’s Residential Forecast)
Manchester Economy & Regeneration
- £62.8bn gross value added (GVA), the biggest city region economy outside of London
- 3rd most visited city in the UK
- BBC, ITV, Kelloggs, BUPA, Siemens and The Hut Group – companies with a large presence
- £2m re-invention of Piccadilly Gardens
- £1bn of private investment to transform MediaCityUK Phase 2, doubling its current size
Manchester Population & Student
- 2.8m people in Greater Manchester (ONS, 2021)
- 9.7% population increase in the 10 years prior - higher than the overall increase in England (6.6%)
- 100,000+ students enrolled at the universities, one of the largest student populations in Europe
- 50% of students in Manchester choose to remain in the city after graduation
Impressive statistics! Which one impresses you the most?
It’s clear that Manchester is a growing city, with no signs of slowing down any time soon. With a quickly expanding population, almost double the average growth speed of the whole country, the demand for property is real.