Friday 10 February 2023
Derbyshire regularly appears in the top UK rankings for buy-to-let investment. The central location has helped boost the region’s popularity amongst larger employers; particularly manufacturers and logistic companies that can make use of convenient transport links.
The investment case for Derby is clear:
- 30% increase in GVA since 2009
- 5 neighbouring international airports
- 45 million tourist visitors annually
- 9 million people within 20 miles of the county
- 89 minutes to London St Pancras
- City Centre Masterplan that seeks to leverage £3.5 billion in new investment and create 4,000 new jobs by 2030
- The average weekly wage is £619, in comparison to a national mean of £497
- Situated in the East Midlands; in February 2020, Derbyshire topped the rankings in Ernst & Young’s Regional Economic Forecast, having grown at a faster rate than any other UK region.
Derby will make a fantastic location for buy-to-let property investors in 2023. The city is thriving with a rapidly growing population, exciting regeneration projects, and strong forecasted capital growth.
The property market in Derby was thriving in 2022, with house prices increasing by 15.8% projecting strong capital appreciation for 2023. - Telegraph
Derby further offers excellent transport links which make the city popular as a place for companies as well as employees to locate. It is close to the M1, A50, and A38 as well as East Midlands Airport.
5 Reasons Why Investors Choose Derby:
- Derbyshire is home to a top 30 university, and industry, skills and innovation in the area are thriving. The central location, excellent transport links and quality of life make the city an attractive place for young professionals to call home.
- The City of Derby has a population of around 247,000 people. Official forecasts suggest the population could rise by around a quarter to 312,000 by 2037 increasing the demand for property – so good news for property investors looking to invest for the future.
- Derby has excellent transport links which makes the city popular as a place for companies as well as employees to locate. It is close to the M1, A50, and A38 as well as East Midlands Airport, one of the UK’s busiest fright airports and a hub for the logistics industry.
- It is not just engineering and manufacturing that Derby is known for. The city is also home to Derbyshire’s main retail centre, Derbion. Featuring over 200 shops, leisure attractions and eateries. Friar Gate is a centre for the city’s social life and The Cathedral Quarter is a hotspot for independent shops, cafes, restaurants and bars, and arts and cultural venues.
- Derby has benefitted from millions of pounds of investment in recent years, and even more is in the pipeline. Derby City Council has a City Centre Masterplan which aims to deliver city centre improvements, new jobs, and new homes in the city centre.
We have a very exciting property investment opportunity in the heart of Derby, completing this year offering yields up to 6.16% with prices starting from £185,000!
The development offers 67 luxury one and two-bedroom apartments, overlooking London Road and its beautiful tree-lined avenue. The apartments have been designed to a high specification, offering a perfect mix of contemporary styling and ergonomic design.
Boasting 6 acres of landscaped green spaces, and an array of luxury onsite amenities including a cafe/restaurant, indoor and outdoor gymnasium, and a cycle track spanning the entire development.
Check out further details here: https://ereproperty.com/property-investment/uk-property-investment-opportunities/central-derby-development/